Some weeks ago I tried to setup Latex editor (LEd) on Windows 7 and 8. I end up with the solution that works on both versions of Windows.
Here is the recipe on How-to setup the running LEd on Windows 7 and 8:
- Step 1. Install GhostView (gsv44w32.exe)
- Step 2. Install Ghostscript (gs811w32.exe)
- Step 3. Install basic version of MikTex (basic-miktex-2.9.4521.exe)
- Step 4. Now it is time to unpack the version of LEd version on the system (LEdBeta(0.53)Build(6501)Std.zip)
- Step 5. Under the installation directory of the MikTex you will find the following dynamic library (MiKTeX209-core.dll). What you should do is to rename it to the MiKTeX208-core.dll.
- Step 6. Now you should open the LEd editor and open the configuration window. When configuration is finished it should look similar to the one on the picture below
- Step 7. You can now start writing your text in LEd. Compile to DVI. If it does not show in the preview then open it with GS View.
- Step 8. Now try to recompile the DVI again and now also the preview should be shown.